Managing 2024 Well
“Who am I?”
1.I am your constant companion.
2.I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
3. I will push you onward to success or I will drag you down to failure.
4. I am completely at your command.
5. Half the things you do just as well be turned over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.
6. I am easily managed, but you need to be very firm with me.
7. Show me exactly how you want something done and after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
8. I am the servant of all great people as well as all failures.
9. Those who are great, I have made great, and those who have failed, they did so largely because of me.
10. I am not a machine, though I work with all of the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a person.
11. You may run me for profit or for ruin, it makes no difference to me.
12. Take me and train me, but you better be firm with me or, I will kill you.
Who am I?
I am a Habit.
1. Habits & Attitudes are our constant companions.
2. Habits & Attitudes can be our greatest helpers or heaviest burdens.
3. Habits & Attitudes will push us onward to success or they will drag us down to failure.
4. Habits & Attitudes are completely at our command.
5. Half the things we do just as well be turned over to our Habits since so much of life is lived on autopilot.
6. Habits & Attitudes can easily be managed, but we need to be very firm with them or they will manage us.
7. Show Habits exactly how you want something done and after a few lessons they will become automatic.
8. Habits & Attitudes are the servant of all great people as well as all failures.
9. Those who are great, Habits & Attitudes have been responsible for that greatness and for those who have failed, bad Habits have played a large role.
10. Habits are not a machine, though they work with all of the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a person.
11. We can experience the benefits of good Habits & Attitudes or feel the burdens of bad ones. Habits don’t care either way.
12. Take Habits & Attitudes, train them, but be firm with them or they will kill us.
That is the power of Habits & Attitudes for good or for bad.
What needs to change in your life?
“Are we doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?”
Managing 2024 well, not “Insanely”
It is better to “Prepare and Prevent” than to “Repair and Repent”.
God’s promises to you in 2024
“The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”
“Come, follow me,”
Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
“Come to me,
all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
“Therefore GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
“I have COME that you may have life and have to the full.”
“Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.”
“Now HE who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
-2 Corinthians 9:10,11
“A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
A great pioneer in the world of aviation.
[Full Story in Sermon Video]
* God’s Word is like Oxygen.
* Satan (The RAT) can’t handle God’s truth.
* Climb higher and soar in the heavenlies as you reorient your thinking, your habits and your attitude with God’s perspective.
“You were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world… gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts… 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. “6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms [High Altitudes] in Christ Jesus…”
Climb to God’s Altitude
Q: What or who are the uninvited Rats that are gnawing away at your life and bringing you down to Satan’s altitude?
With God’s help, YOU CAN DO IT.
Jesus said; “With God all things are possible.”
What we repeatedly think about and do ultimately forms a habit.
Manage your ruts.
Sometimes it’s always the way we have done things. But why?
How do we break a habit?
1. Identify it and name it.
2. Try to figure out why you have that habit.
3. Don’t just stop something, start something else.
4. Pray for help.
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
-1 Corinthians 10:13
Martin Luther's Morning Prayer
"In the name of the Father and of the + Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen!"
Martin Luther’s Evening Prayer
"In the evening when you go to bed, make the sign of the holy cross and say: In the name of the Father and of the + Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have graciously kept me this day; and I pray that You would forgive me all my sins where I have done wrong, and graciously keep me this night. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen!"